John or Hovannes Aposhian's Family

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

achouk

Hovannes or John Aposhian was born to Garabed Aposhian and Ovsanna Bozoghlanian. This family originated in Aintab, Turkey. Most likely John was born in the late 1890's or early 1900's. He immigrated to the U.S. possibly using the name Ohannes Bozoghlanian in 1920. He was rumored to live in the NY area and married someone named Barbara and had at least one daughter. John had 4 brothers named Movses, Krikor, Kevork and Hovsep. Those brothers died in Montreal, Sydney, Leninagan (Armenia), and Alexandria (Egypt), respectively. If you have any information about John or his famiy please reply.
avedis

There's a John Aposhian, age 27, listed in the 1930 US Census in Hartford, Connecticut. He's a lodger in the home of Setrak and Christina Hatzakorzian and their sons, Paul, Martin and George. He arrived in the US in 1920.

Ohanes Bozoghlanian can be found at ellisisland.org with a simple search of his last name. I don't know if this is the right one. This one is from Aleppo (last residence), is with his mother, Posouk, and is going to see his brother Armenek Bozoghlian in Fall River, Massachusetts. He says he's 20 years old in 1920. There's a handwritten note saying that Posouk is also with her daugher, #10. That's Takouhy Mikaelian, who lists her brother as Sarkis Ohanian in Constantinople.
karkour
antispam: No

Hi there,
I have information in regards to this family. I am the great-grandson of krikor aposhian and my father(the grandson) and my grandmother is the daughter. krikor aposhian was married to azadouhi aposhian in alexandria cairo. They had 3 children Antranig (a.k.a garbis), anahid, and Kehghouhi (a.k.a lucy) (all in age order). Antranig had 2 sons, robert and jerry. Anahid had 1 daughter, liza. And lastly kehghouhi had a son and daughter, Garbis and rubina (all in age order). I have further knowledge of the aposhian family of the other brothers if you would like.
karkour
antispam: No

Hi there,
I have information in regards to this family. I am the great-grandson of krikor aposhian and my father(the grandson) and my grandmother is the daughter. krikor aposhian was married to azadouhi aposhian in alexandria cairo. They had 3 children Antranig (a.k.a garbis), anahid, and Kehghouhi (a.k.a lucy) (all in age order). Antranig had 2 sons, robert and jerry. Anahid had 1 daughter, liza. And lastly kehghouhi had a son and daughter, Garbis and rubina (all in age order). I have further knowledge of the aposhian family of the other brothers if you would like.