My father`s name

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

raices

I am looking for family of my father YERETZIAN he was born in Turkey , therefore I imagine that their parents were living there. If somebody could help me , perhaps if somebody could tell me how could I reach a Directory , adress or email at least could help me too start looking
Thanks
avedis

That's not much information to go on. What was his first name? Do you have approximate dates? Did he enter the United States? If so, there may be a record of him at ellisisland.org. The name sounds familiar, so I may have come across it in my own searches.
raices

he was born in 1911 his name Vartkes his father name Agop ,his mother`s last name was Manig . We didn`t go to USA we emigrate from Romania to Buenos Aires and finally ti Venezuela were we live. The problem is that I never asked him anything about the family in Turkey .
If yoou have some names and you be so kind to let me know I will be very gratfoul to yoo
avedis

My guess is that you'd have better luck with tracking down records in Buenos Aires and Venezuela than in Turkey. Some records may list his parents' names and/or where he was born (like citizenship papers, for instance.) A google search for genealogy argentina will bring up some resources that might tell you where to get records.

If any family members did go to the USA, there might be records of them at ellisisland.org. There, you can view the original ship manifests, and one of the columns contains the name of someone they left behind, usually the father, wife or other relative. Searching for Yeretzian brings up 16 results. I looked through them quickly and didn't see Agop mentioned.

You might also try the Family History Library - http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
A Place Search will show you what records they have on microfilm.
raices

thank you I will look
cupcake24
antispam: No

raices wrote:thank you I will look
my grandfather's name is yeretzian and they came from istanbul. interesting, huh?