Aintab

Discussion about various cities in the old country

Moderator: debbi

ANTEP
antispam: No

Hello.
I am from Aintab(ANTEP).
If you have any question I can help you all.
ANTEP

Hello Aintabgirl.

Can we contact by email please? my email adres is kostaslikes@hotmail.com

I was born in antep and grown there.I am from Turkey.I would like contact with you about antep(aintab).I am searching history of aintab's armenians.

I hope ı hear from u soon.
aintabgirl

I am continuing to search for information on my Grandfather's parents. From his documents, I believe that his father was Garabed Balabanian and his mother was Mary Yesaian (Asaoglu when he wrote it in Turkish). I have not been able to find any information on these people or their families. My grandfather (Garabed Balabanian) was born around April 1880 (plus or minus 5 years). I believe he may have been the oldest son of Garabed Balabanian and Mary Yesaian/Asaoglu. I think he was married to someone in Aintep, probably around 1900, and they had at least one child (maybe more) before his wife died. He moved to the U.S. in 1901. The ship manifest says that he was "married," but I do not see a wife listed with him, so I believe he came to the U.S. alone to get a job and get established. The next document I've found was his Naturalization record of 1907 which says he was "widowed." So sometime between 1901 & 1907, his wife died...I am guessing she died in Aintep, but I do not know for certain.

In 1910, my grandmother, Azniv, was sent from Aintep to the U.S. to marry the widowed Garabed Balabanian. She was born in Aintep in April 1895. Her parents were Nazar Kouyoumjian and Hourig Hopartin(ian). Nazar Kouyoumjian was a goldsmith, possibly of the Nazarian clan. His wife, Hourig, was from the Haroutunian family who were also known as Hopartin. They had 6 children: 1) Nouritsa, 2) my grandmother Azniv, 3) Satenig, 4) Kevork, 5) Merya 6) a baby whose name I don't know. Nouritsa ended up in Aleppo, Syria, my grandmother in the U.S.A., the others were all killed in the 1915 "zouloum" (My grandmother never really recovered well from the news that all her family had been killed. I have been able to find a little information about my grandmother's family from a 3rd cousin who knows some family history.

I have never been able to find anything on the Balabanian or Yesaian (Asaoglu) families. I can find many Balabanians around the world, but most of them do not know if we are related or much family history. I have never been able to get a reply from any Yesaian or Asaoglu families.
Samourian
Power Member

By Mr. Samourian

I found this great cartoon by a famous cartoonist named
Nora Nazarian that Entertains the traditional
aintabtsi tail called the good luyer, it is about a very board King in Antab if that is so
and who was looking for the best lyre to trick him for a golden apple!
My grandpa Antranig Kamciyan had roots from Antab.

Antabtsi is smart by Norayr Nazarian

http://youtu.be/n_1JvGWCi3o

I also have a blog hare about Aintab! http://westarmgen.weebly.com/aintab
Samourian
Power Member