info about old antep

General discussion about the site and its contents development.

Moderators: debbi, Design_team

ANTEP
antispam: No

Hello All.

I am from turkey-antep. I joined this site bcs I would like learn more about antep armenians .
I fond of history. especially history of my city.I was born in antep and grown there. I grown in a old armenian home.When ı was living in that home I was asking to myslef who was living at this home,what were they eating (kitchen culture), how was their wedding ceremony ,how was their funeral ceremony,and many question was in my mind about antep armenians.
There are 3 armenian church in antep.they are wonderfull building.there is inscription on of them in armenian language.I wonder what typed on that?

There are many building which were builded by armenians.

my childhood passed in old armenian local in antep.

I hope I can get many information about my city here.
tyvm in advance
sebouh mekhjian

hi there , my parents are from aintab , this is whaat we call antep. my wife's origins are also from aintab , could you please see if there are old records concerned with my family name in your municipalty archives? i would appreciate any effort you can make. thank you
p.s. my email is : sebius26@yahoo.com
Carpet
Power Member

Antep vibrantly accommodates its traditional Mesopotamian culture with the buzz of thriving industry. One of the most desirable places to live in eastern Anatolia, Antep’s beguiling résumé includes clusters of old stone houses sprinkled around the city centre, an imposing fortress, a row of vibrant bazaars, a burgeoning café culture, the biggest city park in eastern Turkey, active pedestrianised streets and taste-bud-tingling cuisine. The old and the new combine to form an attractive, civilised and welcoming confection.G1 Test| Alberta class 7 practice test | G1 Restrictions
Samourian
Power Member

Do you mean Aintab, isn't that the town that started the tale about the golden apple titled the good luyer?
Hare is what I found on Aintab if that is what you are looking for. just click on the link that Aintab i's are smart after coming to the blog. http://westarmgen.weebly.com/aintab