a

General discussion about the site and its contents development.

Moderators: debbi, Design_team

liz chater
antispam: No

aa
Last edited by liz chater on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armenians or Chater in India?
Please go to www.chater-genealogy.com
portman7

armenianancestry.com and cyndislist.com/eateuro.htm are also very useful in this regard to make armenian family tree by genealogy family tree template to save and celebrate history. . .
liz chater

aa
Last edited by liz chater on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armenians or Chater in India?
Please go to www.chater-genealogy.com
alp12ha

this is best valuable information
i like this information
Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Einstein
rizzy2011

Hey! You didn't wrote a single word according to your post's subject. Let me remind you that the subject was "Armenians in India and the Far East. You should not use a Subject to attract people which doesn't have any affiliation with its content.
johndanywood

portman7 wrote:armenianancestry.com and cyndislist.com/eateuro.htm are also very useful in this regard to make armenian family tree by genealogy family tree template to save and celebrate history. . .
Thanks to share this superb link about the Armenian with us.
Carpet
Power Member

Armenians tended to anglicize their names so they blended in easily with the British colonial way of life. An example will be Catchick, Paul Chater's father. Originally known as Astwachatoor Pogos Astwachatoor, he worked for the Government of Bengal and was known as Chater Paul Chater. As far as I am able to tell, the Armenians in India have always strived hard to integrate into their surroundings. I know that the current Armenian students at the Armenian College in Kolkata learn the local dialects of Bengali as well as English and ArmenianOntario G1 Practice Test |G1 Practice Test| Free G1 Practice Test|
Samourian
Power Member

I would imagine that many of the Armenians Of India are now mostly of Indian DNA, and the Indians in India now have Armenian Armenian DNA. There are probably much fewer Armenians now in India. but you might find a lot of Hindu's of Armenian Decent that have Armenian names like Shuant and Deran. I don't know if these names were originally Indian or Armenian, but they have now become very popular Indian names. Eventually there will be no more Armenians in India ,that I am predicting but you will still find a whole ton of Armenian landmarks and abandoned churches do to assimilation.