Looking for Utudjians and Davidians

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

MattUlvila
antispam: No

Hey all,

I'm looking to get some more information about my family and connect with anyone who might be related.

My Great Grandfather's name is Hampik Utudjian and Great Grandmother's name is Susan Utudjian (Davidian).

Today my Grandmother and her two sisters are still alive. 2/3 still have the name Utudjian. I've heard that the Davidian side might be Greek.

Like most people, I don't know much of the Armenian side of my family prior to when they fled to America. I know they lived in Constantinople and my Grandmother seems to think my family might have lived on the island of Kinaliada at some point. I also know Hampik had a brother who moved to Bulgaria. Hampik also lived in St. Louis for a while. My Great Grandmother's Father was something "O" Davidian. I wish I had more info, but if anyone comes by here searching for Utudjian or Davidian, please feel free to send me a message here.

Many thanks!
-matt
achouk

Have you looked up the spelling Utuciyan on Ancestry.com? This spelling implies that they immigrated directly from Turkey. Best of luck on your research...
MattUlvila

I have some updates in my search, but i'm still looking for anyone who may have more info.

Hampik's name was really Harmbartzum Utudjian and his mother's name was Gioulouk. I'm unsure her maiden name.

Ohanes Davidian is the name of my great grandmother's father. I believe he had a brother Philipe, however his last name wasn't Davidian. On a ship's manifest I saw Philipe Mouradijian I believe.

Ohanes had a few children. Edward Davidian, Ashod Davidian, Susan and Sophie. Although most of their names had been "Americanized" when they immigrated. I believe Susan was Shooshan and Sophie was Sourpik. I've been told they all lived in Kadikoy. Just outside Istanbul (Constantinople) Turkey.

Thanks for any help!
Julie Ann

Hi Matt,
I am Julie from Australia, and I am also looking for my Devisian Devedjian Davidian ancestors. My grandfather was John Martin, he was the son of Joannes Devisian and Adelaide Maroni. The family name has changed many times. In 1934 the ruler of Turkey Ataturk brought in a new "surname law" and all families had to choose a new last name, my ancestors chose Edizel. I was told the other day that Mouradijian may mean Martin. My Armenian ancestors came from Ankara and before that they came from Persia. My ancestors married into the Vassell and Missich families, I am not what other families are connected to my ancestors. My ancestors were classed as Levantines, a mix of cultures my grandmother was Greek with an Italian surname and was born in Smyrna, Turkey and my grandfather spoke Greek, French, Maltese, Yugoslavian and English, a lot of the Levantines spoke many languages. On the fb Armenian Genealogy page someone with Shooshian name said they are related to my ancestors. I also did a DNA test and have Richard Tashjian as a match. It is now 2022 i would love to know if you have made any discoveries.