Pan-Armenian Painting Day Contest

Discussing the latest Armenian news

Moderator: debbi

Painting Day
antispam: No

The basic idea of the Pan-Armenian Nature Painting Competition is to involve Armenian children and youth's throughout the country and abroad into a huge painting contest for the most beautiful nature paintings. At the same time the Pan-Armenian Painting Day is an event which encourages and empowers young Armenians worldwide to raise their voice for the preservation of their mother land’s unique natural heritage.

The young winners of the Pan-Armenian Painting Competition contest are always chosen by an independent jury and open Internet voting according to age categories.

The peak point of the nature painting competition every year is the “Painting Day”. In 2011 this event takes place for the first time in Yerevan Zoo. Hundreds of children and youths during this special day transform the zoo into an open air painting studio. During the Painting Day approximately 1000 children and youths from all over Armenia create hundreds of paintings dedicated to nature and environmental issues. Moreover a lot of colorful activities like concerts and circus performances offer also the opportunity to involve passers-by among them adults as well as children.

A special characteristic of the Painting Day is that the young painters do not only paint on paper but decorate with their works hundreds of wooden tables which are taken for this special event from kindergartens, schools and orphanages. After the event the decorated tables are given back to the educational institutions where they belong. With their colors they now not only enrich the daily life of thousands of children but also remind the country's young generation to take care of Armenia's precious natural heritage.

Topics of the Fourth Pan-Armenian Painting Day Contest:

The Zoo of My Dreams
Nature of My Motherland
I am a Tree

You can also put your pictures under the topic “Homeland, This Is How I See You” suggested by RA Ministry of Diaspora.

http://paintingday.sunchild.org