Evereg

Discussion about various cities in the old country

Moderator: debbi

achouk

I have compiled a very large family tree of Armenians descending from the sister villages of Evereg & Fenesse, which was in the region of Kayseri (Cesaria) Turkey. The city of Evereg is now called Develi. If your ancestors originated from this region please contact me. I'm sure we can be of help to one another. I have approximately 15,000 names in my tree. Thanks!
LE GUYADER

Do you have the name of CHAHBAZIAN (SHAHBAZIAN) or SARAFIAN in your genealogical tree ?
It's the name of my great-great father and great-great mother from Cesaria.
mdavitian
antispam: No

My grandmother was from Evereg. Her father was Garabed Chaldibian and her mother was Margou Deyermenjian. My grandmother's name was Siranoush and she had sister named Vartouhi. Do you have these people in your tree?
Jagzarian

I know I have spoken to you before, but can you forward to me again, the ancestry of the CHIBOOKIJAN family. I am particularly interested where the branch meets with Agzarians. Wold you have any information on the Agzarians?

Janine
bmurphey

I am a family freind trying to find information on a Harry Bernard Torosian who was born in Cesaria 02 Jan 1877.

Any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Bob Murphey
HGhokassian

Hi everyone,

My name is Haig Ghokassian, live in Lebanon....

I have been doing a lot of research, and i am wondering if there is anyone who can find me some answers about my ancestors, who were they? where did they live? what happened with the rest of the family? Does anyone know anything of Ghougassian Family in Evereg (KRIKOR GHOUGASSIAN, VERGINY GHOUGASSIAN, MISSAK GHOUGASSIAN, Mikael GHOUGASSIAN, SATENIG GHOUGASSIAN, and ARMENAG GHOUGASSIAN)

I would apreciate your help!

Haig
cupcake24

mdavitian wrote:My grandmother was from Evereg. Her father was Garabed Chaldibian and her mother was Margou Deyermenjian. My grandmother's name was Siranoush and she had sister named Vartouhi. Do you have these people in your tree?

Hi Aunt Martha, or if this is jennifer writing this....this is cousin Diana...
so I am too related to this family. :)
Mushrooms

When she was five years old, the Turkish government set in motion a plan to exterminate all of the Armenians in Turkey. Her father, a prosperous merchant in Evereg, was killed by Turkish soldiers, and all the villagers were forced from their homes and driven into exile.
Group

Many Americans with ethnic Armenian heritage originally came from a city or village in Anatolia, mostly from the Cilician plains or the Armenian Plateau.Evereg-Fenesse were twin cities on the outskirts of Cilicia, properly in Cappadoccia. Both were predominately ethnically Armenian though living under the Ottoman Turkish empire and at peace with their Turkish and Greek neighbors. The peace however did not last.
EasyForm

Siranoush Davitian, beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and a survivor of the Genocide, died on April 17, two days after her 95th birthday in this Long Island community.She was born in Evereg in the province of Kayseri at the time of the
Ottoman Empire.
Wedding1
Power Member

Many Americans with ethnic Armenian heritage originally came from a city or village in Anatolia, mostly from the Cilician plains or the Armenian Plateau.Evereg-Fenesse were twin cities on the outskirts of Cilicia, properly in Cappadoccia. Both were predominately ethnically Armenian though living under the Ottoman Turkish empire and at peace with their Turkish and Greek neighbors. The peace however did not last.
Last edited by Wedding1 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Coupon

Here is another shot at the translation. Mind you, the original has not been written by a professor of Turkish either, and what they expect from you is not clear or specific. However, as you have rightly identified, it sounds like a sincere attempt to do something good.Ontario G1 Practice Test |
G1 Practice Test
Last edited by Coupon on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wedding1
Power Member

It's also a loss of the memory of the peace that had existed on some level between the neighbors of Evereg-Fenesse so many year ago. And that is tragic. This book is one attempt to capture that moment. I pray that it reappears in print one day
Mushrooms

I believe, currently has no Armenian community), but they are all experiencing a loss in their communities...one they likely will not recover from in the near future. Thus the loss of every "Western Armenian" organization is just that...a loss of Armenian heritage.
Samourian
Power Member

I have a web page related to Everek if any one is interested! http://westarmgen.weebly.com/everek !!!
It is just not full yet.