It has been 90 years

Anything related to the Armenian genocide and its impact on armenian genealogy and records

Moderator: debbi

debbi
antispam: No

It has been 90 years since the extermination of 1.5 million + Armenian men , woman, & children . At the hands of the Ottoman Turkish goverment.

And the deportation of almost the entire Armenian population from " OUR' ancestral lands ..

But on Sunday (April 24th) at 1:00 we will be commemoration this date.. At the courner of Main & Pine in Niagara Falls, New York . St Sarkis & St Hagop Churches will hold a luncheon to follow . All are invitied .

If you can't attend a service near your home, Please light a candle and say a prayer for our lost loved ones .... We all lost someone .

I was lucky that my Great Grandparents left in 1899 . But we still lost Greatgrandpa & Great Uncle Kechebashian in the massacures of 1895

So please say a prayer , remember our losses..

" We may be few , but we Armenian "

They said it would never happen again and it did to the Jewish . We must remember so IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN TO ANY PEOPLE of any color or race ..
Sorry just had to get that out ...
debbi
My Family Tree...
Azadian
Kechebashian
Keish(ish)ian
Altoon(j)ian
Dest(er)ian
Kelikian
Albert..The spelling can change from generation to generation
repetie
antispam: No

Debi,
My name is Pete Ames, and I am on the board of directors at Oakwood Cemetery in Niagara Falls, NY. We are researching the people buried there, and I recently contacted Ani Avdoian about celebrating the heritage of the Armenians in the city.
I hope to get together with her at the cemetery in the near future to talk about the hundreds of Armenian people that are buried there. Let me know if you would be interested in either joining us or getting together with me another time.
Thank you, Pete Ames