Arikian

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

Arikianuk

Hello,

I am searching for any family thats connected to Miriam Arikian. She came to the UK in the war on her own as far as I can gather via Austria. She had my father, but gave him up for adoption, and then she disappears. I cant find any mention of her after this, no marriage or death certifiacte, and I have been through all the records at the Family Records office in London.

So I thought maybe she came to the US. She may have had relatives there and by Googling the surname there are US Arikians but none in the UK.

I hope someone can help me.

Nathan
JACK R NASEP
Power Member

Nathan, where did Miriam reside before going to the UK? Was it Turkey, Armenia, or Syria?

Are you talking about the 1916 World War 1 time period for Miriam arriving in the UK?

Have your checked Ellis Island Immigration Center for Arikian immigrants? Jack, Manitowoc, Wisconsin USA
suliman

Hi Nathan, the person you are looking for appears to be my own mother, same cenario, had child then adopted out as with my sister, didnt know of any other siblings, never contacted sister but have her birth cert.. Miriam came from Syria via Austria, with a church minister who brought about 12 girls over all approx 12/13 yrs old, she Miriam was born approx 1929.
suliman

Nathan, further to my last post, the name of the minister was Rev. GEUTTE-CASKET, & he brought 11/12 girls from Syria, all aged 12yrs old.
Miriam had me in November 1946 @ age 18, and a girl in June 1945 named Jacqueline Ann, in Brighton England, these are all siblings I could find. her mother, grandmother & father were all full Armenian, but not where from exept Syria
Looking forward to your response.
john prentice

Re: Your Posting Dated Wed February 21st 2007 12.02 am

Nathan

I am Jacqueline Ann born June 1945 in Brighton. I have also been trying to find my mother Miriam Arikian and my half brother David adopted name unknown. I am residing in the UK and the only information I have had up to now is that David my half brother was living in New Zealand but have had no luck in tracing mother.

If by any chance you are a family member or know of the whereabouts of my brother David I would very much like to hear from you I do have David's birth certificate in my possession and he was born November 1946.

Very much loooking forward to receiving a response from you.

Jacqueline Ann
Location England
john prentice

My name is John Prentice and I am writing this on behalf of my friend Jacqueline who is trying to get in touch with her brother David. They are the children of Miriam Arikian. Like David, Jacqueline has been trying to trace her mother but to no avail but she is now desperate to be in touch with her brother David who she understands is either in Australia or New Zealand. We would appreciate any information regarding Jacqueline Ann's lost brother David.

Thank you.

John Prentice
on behalf of Jacqueline Ann
suliman

Hi Jacqueline Ann, if you read this post please contact David Arikian on s88m44@gmail.com,
it is going to be interesting. Never could locate Miryaam.
mysamadhan
antispam: No

Really you r talking about the 1962 world war 1 time period when Miriam arriving in the UK.It was really so charming memory.Very much glad to fresh my past memory.
mysamadhan
antispam: No

I am half korean and recently learned about the whole should not marry the same last name thing unless you are from a different clan and a few other things. Seeing as my mother's maiden name is Kim (the most popular) there is a good chance that i may take an interest in a girl with the same last name. So i want to know how to find out which clan i belong to.