Altoon Family Los Angeles

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

chelmha

Hi -

I have just found another branch of Lulejians in Los Angeles. John Harry Lulejian married Mary ...... had two children ----- Mariam and Elizabeth. Mariam married a man with the last name Altoon. Mariam passed away in the 80's. I am searching for her children that may have some answers to the family tree.

Any help would be great.

David Hedison
Hedison, Lulejian, Kalajian, Barsorian, Echmelian, Kazanjian and many more......
JACK R NASEP
Power Member

Chelmha, I found a Mirian R. Altoon b. 18 Nov 1911 d. 03 Oct 1988 in Los Angeles. Source Social Security Death Index. Could this be your Mariam? Jack, Manitowoc, WI
chelmha

Hi :-)

Thank you for looking that up. I was able to find John's wife. She died on October 9, 1972 and the contact was her daughter Marian Altoon of 1958 North Berendo Street, Los Angeles. Then I found that Marian passed away in 1988 and found myself in a dead end. I know that John Harry Lulejian passed away between 1920 and 1930 and is buried at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary. I will be requesting his death certificate this week to see if they can find it in LA. But I have found a few Altoon's in the LA area....Ronald(who is very active in the Armenian Community and is part of an Architectural Firm) -- I have emailed him with no response. A Marilyn Altoon, Sondra Altoon, Sheryl Altoon etc. I will try and send them letters and see if they are related to Marian. :-) thanks for the additional information and I will keep looking :-)
Hedison, Lulejian, Kalajian, Barsorian, Echmelian, Kazanjian and many more......
John

chelmha wrote:Hi :-)

Thank you for looking that up. I was able to find John's wife. She died on October 9, 1972 and the contact was her daughter Marian Altoon of 1958 North Berendo Street, Los Angeles. Then I found that Marian passed away in 1988 and found myself in a dead end. I know that John Harry Lulejian passed away between 1920 and 1930 and is buried at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary. I will be requesting his death certificate this week to see if they can find it in LA. But I have found a few Altoon's in the LA area....Ronald(who is very active in the Armenian Community and is part of an Architectural Firm) -- I have emailed him with no response. A Marilyn Altoon, Sondra Altoon, Sheryl Altoon etc. I will try and send them letters and see if they are related to Marian. :-) thanks for the additional information and I will keep looking :-)
Chelmha,
When you contacted Marian Altoon did you speak with Arthur? I found that name at the same address, perhaps Arthur has more information. Here is the phone: (323) 662-5017

Hope that helps...

Hovik
Genealogist
www.ArmenianAncestry.com
The Web's Premier Armenian Genealogy Forum: www.ArmenianAncestry.com
cupcake24
antispam: No

i'm a lulejian myself...if i can be of any help, please let me know.
:)

John wrote:
chelmha wrote:Hi :-)

Chelmha,
When you contacted Marian Altoon did you speak with Arthur? I found that name at the same address, perhaps Arthur has more information. Here is the phone: (323) 662-5017

Hope that helps...

Hovik
Genealogist
http://www.ArmenianAncestry.com