Need ideas how to start my search for 2 lost family members

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

Vana Katu
antispam: No

My grandfather was a 9 years old when his family reached the safer grounds in Northern Armenia in 1915. His mother died of a long illness leaving behind 2 boys (ages 9 and 14) and 2 girls :Mariam -3 and Nvard-4. They were refugees and in a place called Bred (Tavoush Region) my great grandfather was looking for a place to settle and make a home for the children. At that time, I guess, the Red Cross or maybe another organization had a camp or orphanage over there and since they were homeless, my great grandfather decided temporarily to place the girls there so they can have meals and place to sleep until he can find a place to live. He visited them often and then one day the camp was gone and the girls were taken away. All their lives my great grandfather and my grandfather tried to find this girls but it was impossible from behind the iron curtains. The only thing they new was that the girls were taken to America. I live in the States now and do wish to find my great aunts but have no idea where to start my search. Please share your thoughts with me.
Thank you
Fani Borel

Hello,

Perhaps you could find in the Internet-Google search and other gen-sites:

- USA lists of armenian orfan children
- Red cross searching and/or similar
- ask every member of you family. Often a very little information can be a beginning point. A city name can be helpful
too. Perhaps you will find a marriage certificate or similar documents with names, cities and other information.

Good search,

Fani B.
etemtezcan
antispam: No

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passSearch.asp?

use your family name, I hope sth will come out