Boyajian, Solakian, Chelengarian, Kazanjian, Aslanian...

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

Ned Boyajian

... Avakian, Muggerditchian (various spellings), Nahigian, Chorbajian.

Most of these people were Dikranagerdtsi. Most settled in New Jersey, some in California, a few in the Mid-West. They had many descendants.

Where are you...?
debbi
antispam: No

Good afternoon Ned ...
I have a book and I found a SETRAK BOYAJIAN
& a SARKIS , a AGHAVNI , a MANOOG GEORGE BOYADJIAN

SETRAK came to USA in 1906 did you know he brought Yogurt to this country ?? Thought that was cool .Let me know if any names ring a bell................... debbi
My Family Tree...
Azadian
Kechebashian
Keish(ish)ian
Altoon(j)ian
Dest(er)ian
Kelikian
Albert..The spelling can change from generation to generation

debbi wrote:
SETRAK came to USA in 1906 did you know he brought Yogurt to this country ?? Thought that was cool .Let me know if any names ring a bell................... debbi

Parev, Debbi,

I had no idea that a Boyajian brought yogurt to America. I'll have to remember that one. Unfortunately, I don't think the people you named are relatives of mine. I am curious though, could you tell me the name and author of the book you mentioned?

Cheers,

Ned
SactoBob

My grandmother was Victoria Boyajian and I would also be interested in which book you are looking at.
Bob White
Researching Jenanyan, Boyajian and more
debbi
antispam: No

Bob in my book which is about the armenians of Syracuse NY There is a Aghavni , Sarkis , Manoog George and a ,Setrak . I will tho look for a Victoria when I get home tomorrow . Where did your people start from in this country ? Do you know . And where in the old country if you know . Cause as my book says" We are like one Family" the Armenians of the world debbi
My Family Tree...
Azadian
Kechebashian
Keish(ish)ian
Altoon(j)ian
Dest(er)ian
Kelikian
Albert..The spelling can change from generation to generation
SactoBob

My grandparents, along with my infant mother and several older siblings and my grandfather's three brothers with their families, left Marash in south central Turkey in 1912. One brother fell in love with a French girl during a layover in Marseilles and he stayed in France. The others all came directly to Yettem, a then all-Armenian small town, against the foothills east of Fresno, California.

Victoria is my only second generation "brick wall" e.g. I have identified all the rest of my great-grandparents. We think that she had a brother named Alexander who arrived in the US at a later date and lived in San Francisco.
Bob White
Researching Jenanyan, Boyajian and more
thereseachodian

[hi my name is therese achodian. my father's name was Nichan Solakian.
I thought that we were the only solakian left. i am looking for relatives
thanks
boyajianL.A.

My great grandfather was setrak boyajian a.k.a. the yogurt man. born in 1884 came to u.s. from hajen turkey in 1906 to chicago il, Passed away in 1992 in Hollywood L.A. ca at 107 years old.
JACK R NASEP
Power Member

Hello, there are three Setrak Boyajian's in the U.S. Social Security Death Index. Your Great Grandfather Setrak was born 6 November 1885 and died on 13 July 1992 in Los Angeles, California. You could order his SS-5 application from the US Social Security Division, but the fee is $27 from the Government. I will check further and e-mail you later. Jack Nasep, Manitowoc, WI USA
JACK R NASEP
Power Member

HI, there are 42 persons with the SOLAKIAN surname listed in the US Social Security Death Index file. They were listed coming from states of MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MI, and Wisconsin.

There are 5 persons with the ACHODIAN surname listed in the U.S. Social Security Death Index, also. All of these persons lived in New York, USA. Hope this is helpful. Jack Nasep, Manitow, Wisconsin USA
Ned Boyajian

boyajianL.A. wrote:My great grandfather was setrak boyajian a.k.a. the yogurt man. born in 1884 came to u.s. from hajen turkey in 1906 to chicago il, Passed away in 1992 in Hollywood L.A. ca at 107 years old.
107! Wow! Madzoon really does work!
btw, Jack, thanks for bringing me back
tmcgrain

WE HAD A FRIEND NAMED SETRAK BOYAJIAN from approx. 1941 - 1948 in WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS. He lived at the former BANCROFT HOTEL in Worcester and worked at 16 Gertrude Avenue in Worcester. He had relatives who had lived in Wellesley, ( ? ) Massachusetts . We have since lost all track of him and his relatives. His occupation was "consulting chemist" and he was very busy with his work during the World War II years. Does anyone have information on Setrak and/or his family? Thank you, Tom McGrain in Worcester, Massachusetts.
omearac

My Great Grandfather was Moses Jenanyan. He came to the U.S. in 1893. I have some information about him and his brothers. I don't have any information about his sisters (Agnif & Hassanah) other than their names. If I can provide any info to anyone who is researching the Jenanyans please contact me, and if anyone can provide me with info, please contact me.

The thing I would like most is to see a picture of Moses. He was a great, kind, man of God. If anyone has one that would be an amazing blessing to me.

Peace in Christ,

Cheryl
j212pd@knology.net