Looking for Utudjians and Davidians

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

Looking for Utudjians and Davidians

Postby MattUlvila » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking to get some more information about my family and connect with anyone who might be related.

My Great Grandfather's name is Hampik Utudjian and Great Grandmother's name is Susan Utudjian (Davidian).

Today my Grandmother and her two sisters are still alive. 2/3 still have the name Utudjian. I've heard that the Davidian side might be Greek.

Like most people, I don't know much of the Armenian side of my family prior to when they fled to America. I know they lived in Constantinople and my Grandmother seems to think my family might have lived on the island of Kinaliada at some point. I also know Hampik had a brother who moved to Bulgaria. Hampik also lived in St. Louis for a while. My Great Grandmother's Father was something "O" Davidian. I wish I had more info, but if anyone comes by here searching for Utudjian or Davidian, please feel free to send me a message here.

Many thanks!
-matt
MattUlvila

Re: Looking for Utudjians and Davidians

Postby achouk » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:00 am

Have you looked up the spelling Utuciyan on Ancestry.com? This spelling implies that they immigrated directly from Turkey. Best of luck on your research...
achouk

Re: Looking for Utudjians and Davidians

Postby MattUlvila » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 pm

I have some updates in my search, but i'm still looking for anyone who may have more info.

Hampik's name was really Harmbartzum Utudjian and his mother's name was Gioulouk. I'm unsure her maiden name.

Ohanes Davidian is the name of my great grandmother's father. I believe he had a brother Philipe, however his last name wasn't Davidian. On a ship's manifest I saw Philipe Mouradijian I believe.

Ohanes had a few children. Edward Davidian, Ashod Davidian, Susan and Sophie. Although most of their names had been "Americanized" when they immigrated. I believe Susan was Shooshan and Sophie was Sourpik. I've been told they all lived in Kadikoy. Just outside Istanbul (Constantinople) Turkey.

Thanks for any help!
MattUlvila

Return to I'm Looking for...