Roopenian, Bechakjian

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

billh
antispam: No

My grandmothers mother was a Roopenian and her father was Bechakjian. They were from Harput. When they left Armenia, they went to Marseille and came to America. I believe they arrieved in America about 1915. Haven't been able to find any records of the arrival. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Lindsay

I found a Marian Roupernian, born 1903, that came through Ellis Island on July 10, 1914. Her place of birth was Harpoot, Turkey. She was 11 years old and came on the ship "France" - departed from Le Harvre, near Marseille. It appears she came through with her mother Takoulu Roupenian, who was born about 1879 and was widowed. They were going to Boston

Hope that helps. Unfortunately, it seems that the microfilmed copies of the manifest are mismatched - that is the manifest that supposedly goes with Marian and Takoulu isn't the correct one, but I did find it with some hunting. If this sounds correct please contact me privately and I can email you the scanned manifests.

Lindsay
Administrator
Site Admin

Some of the ships that originated from France, and especially from Marseilles were destined to New Orleans.
John Meldosian
Administrator
Forum_admin@armeniangenealogy.org
Esteban Khasserdjian

I´m looking for armenians from Gudina (Kutahia). My grandma´s last name is dokmetjian (also changed to deokmedjian or dokmetzian). How can I find any relatives or suvivors from that town?. Please contact me if you have relatives or a friend to give some info !!

Thanks and congratulations for your job !!

Esteban Khasserdjian (argentina)