The Family Aslanian

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

Kay Bowring

I am searching for the family of grandmother, Elisabeth Aslanian, married to Edward Bowring-Walsh in approximately 1931 or thereabouts. My father John Edward Bowring-Walsh was born in Cannes, France 1934. Aslanian immigrated to Germany, probably either Wiesbaden or Berlin in the first wave of persecutions in the 1880's. After his first wife died, he remarried a one Lisa Hellberg. I am also looking for any information on his first wife, her name or the birth of their child Lille (Elisabeth Aslanian) who later married Jack Scott of Cape Town. Any information would be appreciated.

My grandfather was in the antique/coin business to the best of my knowledge, and retained a collection of antique Roman coins to his death. Please if you have any information about him let me know.

For anyone searching in return, I can provide information on the Family Aglaganian also spelled Aghlagian from Caesaria in Anatolia. They are my parter's family and walked from there to Syria, then to Egypt. Thank you so very much.

Kay Bowring
martinknight
antispam: No

Hi Kay,
Have a copy of the Daily Telegraph here Sep 27 1950.
It mentions a case where a 15 year old boarder at Brighton College, Worthing named John Edward Bowring Walsh was involved in an accident whereby his friend was killed with a revolver gun.

Best wishes

Martin Knight