KOUYOUMJIAN, BALABANIAN, ASAIAN(YESAIAN/ASAOGLU)-Aintab, Tur

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

aintabgirl

I am looking for connections/information on any of the above listed families, particularly if there are roots in Aintab (Gaziantep), Turkey.
Nazar Kouyoumjian, my maternal great grandfather was a goldsmith/jeweler in Aintab. He may have been a Nazarian and used Kouyoumjian (the Turkish) as his trade name.
My grand father (paternal) was Garabed Balabanian. I think his father's name was also Garabed Balabanian. His mother was Mary/Merya Yesaiain/Asaian/Asaoglu. (I've seen is written all three ways--obviously the Asaoglu is a Turkish form.)
I would appreciate contact if anyone recognizes any of these names or knows of other Aintabsis who might be able to help.
kaos

hi, ı am now living in aintab( its officially name is now gaziantep) ı am interested in the past of his city; so your family's story. Your family and a lot of people like them are a part of this city's history. no one can deny this truth. May you give me some detail information about them? Where did they live, name of street, any picture, or other details. ı would be very happy If ı could help you or give any information.
my e mail is: xttx@hotmail.com
sincerely yours