Hovsep Kayayan or Kayaian for Hadjin, Adana

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

kkayayan

My granfather's family, the Kayayan or Kayaian family, were from Hadjin in Adana. We know that the brothers Krikor and Karekin (my grandfather) survived the genocide and made it to Beirut. Their sister Gulvart and her husband Yeghia were killed. Their mother was Gayaneh Gosdanian and their father was Arakel Kayayan (Kayaian). There was a third older brother Hovsep that the family has not been able to locate. My grandfather believed he might have to gone to Egypt with a group of German archaeologists, but no one is sure. I have found a Hovsep Kayaian entering Ellis Island in 1915, but I'm not sure it is him (the record shows someone slightly older than we believe he would have been at the time.) If any of these names sound familiar, please contact me.
Many thanks,
Katia
Bekmezdji

Hi Kayayan,

Where do you live ? I know Kayayans from my Donikian side who live in Paris. I know that there are also family in Lebanon and England. And their ancestors was Garabed Kayayan married to Marie Donikian in Lebanon. They were lived in Tripoli.
Take care