Jenanyan Family

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

omearac

My Great Grandfather was Moses Jenanyan. He came to the U.S. in 1893. I have some information about him and his brothers. I don't have any information about his sisters (Agnif & Hassanah) other than their names. If I can provide any info to anyone who is researching the Jenanyans please contact me, and if anyone can provide me with info, please contact me.

The thing I would like most is to see a picture of Moses. He was a great, kind, man of God. If anyone has one that would be an amazing blessing to me.

Peace in Christ,

Cheryl
j212pd@knology.net
SactoBob

This sounds like Moses Jenanyan who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, aboard the ship Lord Gough, on May 22, 1893. He is my second cousin twice removed. Born in Marash, Turkey, in 1866, he died in Visalia, California, in 1937. He had many brothers and sisters; his father Stephen is one of the most prolific Jenanyans that I have located.

Thus, we must be cousins. My mother was a Jenanyan. I have been researching Jenanyans for about 20 years and would be happy to share information with you. Feel free to contact me direct at sactobob@mac.com.
Bob White
Researching Jenanyan, Boyajian and more
omearac

Hi Bob,

Yes, we are definitely talking about the same Moses Jenanyan. Was Steven's wife's name Jewel? I'm very excited to learn anything I can about our family. I look forward to hearing from you.

In Christ,

Cheryl