our family CAPAMAGIAN/capamadjian/Gap'amadjian/KAPAMADJIAN

Post your genealogy queries

Moderator: debbi

ainley14

Our family Were traders originally from Divrig in Turkey around 1800 most of the family moved to Manchester, England 1835-1840 from there some migrated to America and then later returned to England . Then moved to New Zealand .This family I am in contact with . There is also a branch of the family which left Turkey in 1915 moved to Argentina in the 1928-29 , I am just wondering if there is any other branch of the family we do not know about .We are currently looking for any contact with anybody with any other imformation Please ,Thanks
I am also looking for any family Kapamadjian , and also Jamgotchian who married Victoria Kapamadjian in 1924 or family Thanks .
Last edited by ainley14 on Fri May 11, 2007 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
JACK R NASEP
Power Member

Hello...I found in the 1881 British Census, August Capamagian, born 1847
in Manchester, England. In her household was Charles Capamagian, son born abt 1876 in United States, and Fanny Louisa Capamagian (Isaacs), born abt 1849, sister. 12 Ducie St, Chorton on Medlock, Lancashire, England. August's occupation was Lodging House Keeper. Source:1881 British Census.

Fanny married on 29 April 1891 to Presswood John Udall in Saint Marys, Edge Hill, Lancaster, England. Source: familysearch.org

The Capamagian surname appears in New Zealand currently, such as Capamagian Liddell Law Firm. Source: google.com keyword search

There is a H.H. Capamagian recorded as an early settler in Porter County, Indiana USA county history. Hope this is helpful...Jack, Manitowoc, WI