Kalashian and Guleserian

Discuss the origin of your family's last name. it's meaning and roots

Moderator: debbi

Acheick51

I was always told that Kalash meant handsome. Now there is some argument from my daughter about that. Also, that Guleserian meant rose. Anyone else know? The Kalashians were from Kharpet and the Guleserians were from Aintab. Thanks so much everyone.
KERASSUN

Acheick51 wrote:I was always told that Kalash meant handsome. Now there is some argument from my daughter about that. Also, that Guleserian meant rose. Anyone else know? The Kalashians were from Kharpet and the Guleserians were from Aintab. Thanks so much everyone.
Both of SURNAME in Turkish Language.
KELES/KELEŞ/KELESH
in english means; : brave yiğit, cesur, beautiful, handsome güzel, yakışıklı, bald kel, bad, ugly çirkin, kötü

GULESER
means rose garden

YAN/IAN = (in Turkish OGLU) [/i][/b]
Acheick51

KERASSUN wrote:
Acheick51 wrote:I was always told that Kalash meant handsome. Now there is some argument from my daughter about that. Also, that Guleserian meant rose. Anyone else know? The Kalashians were from Kharpet and the Guleserians were from Aintab. Thanks so much everyone.
Both of SURNAME in Turkish Language.
KELES/KELEŞ/KELESH
in english means; : brave yiğit, cesur, beautiful, handsome güzel, yakışıklı, bald kel, bad, ugly çirkin, kötü

GULESER
means rose garden

YAN/IAN = (in Turkish OGLU) [/i][/b]
Awesome! Do you have a book or something? Alright - here's two more from my maternal grandparents:

Okoomian (sometimes O'Koomian or Okyoomian)

Meneshian

Thanks so much - that's wonderfull, a big help
kaos

"güleser" and "keleş" are surnames that are seldom used in turkish. Also "güleser" can sometime used as a name(female).